Workshops are a part of our “Wednesday Workshop Series” and are held on certain Wednesdays throughout the semester in CSEL 115 or 121 from 3:00-4:00pm for Pre-Health and Pre-Law students. Select the links below to view our current and past workshops for Pre-Health and Pre-Law students.
– Pre-Health Student Workshops for Current Semester:
Click on image below to see our workshops.
– Past Pre-Health Workshops:
- Fall 2017 Workshops
- Spring 2017 Workshops
- Fall 2016 Workshops
- Spring 2016 Workshops
- Fall 2015 Workshops
- Spring 2015 Workshops
– Pre-Law Student Workshops for Current Semester:
– Past Pre-Law Workshops:
Webinars are offered on a variety of topics at multiple and various times throughout the semester. Although the targeted audience for our webinars are our Direct Connect students who cannot travel to our UCF main campus, anyone is welcome to join any webinar. Currently, our webinars are focused on topics for Pre-Health students. In the future, we hope to host webinars for Pre-Law students as well. For questions about our webinars, contact our advisor Kimberly at Kimberly.Finley@ucf.edu.
– Pre-Health Student Webinars for Current Semester:
Click on image below to see our webinars.
– Past Pre-Health Webinar Schedule:
Visits by Professional Schools to PHPL Advising
We host multiple health professional school and law school visits each year in our office from representatives who want to meet one-on-one with UCF Pre-Health and Pre-Law students. Students must sign-up in advance for a specific time to meet with the school representatives. We send an email to students we have advised with a link to sign-up for a specific time about a week in advance of each school’s visit, and we send the link again a few days in advance of the school’s visit if open spaces still remain. If you are not on our email distribution list but would like to be in order to receive school visit notices, contact our advisor Michelle at Michelle.Hightower@ucf.edu.
– School Visits for Current Semester (as of 3/25/18)
Schools will be meeting with students in PHPL Advising (Ferrell Commons 203) unless otherwise noted.
- Nova Southeastern University Law School: January 24th, 9:30am-2:30pm
- Lincoln Memorial University Veterinary: February 6th, 10:00am-1:00pm
- Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine: February 6th, 1:00-4:oopm
- FSU Law: February 7th, 9:00am-4:30pm
- Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine: February 7th, 1:00pm-5:00pm
- UCF Law Forum: February 8th, 10:00am-2:00pm, Student Union – Pegasus Ballroom – over 30 law schools in attendance
- FIU Law: February 8th, 2:30pm-5:00pm
- St. Thomas Law (Miami): February 9th, 10:00am-2:15pm
- UF PA: February 12th 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- UAB Dental: February 13th, 9:00-12:00pm
- UCF Medical School Admissions Symposium : February 17th, 8am-5pm, UCF College of Medicine at Lake Nona – over 20 medical schools in attendance – UCF students must Register in advance to attend
- USF PA: February 28th, 2:00-5:00pm
- FAMU Law: March 7th, 10:00am-4:00pm
- VCU Dental: March 19th 1:00-4:30 p.m.
- USF M.S. in Medical Sciences: April 4th & April 5th
- UCF Osteopathic Medical School Symposium – April 8th, 12pm-4pm, Student Union, Room 221 – multiple osteopathic medical schools in attendance
- PCOM-GA DO, Pharmacy, PT, PA: April 9th (CANCELLED)
- Nova – Orlando PA: April 11th 2:00-5:00 p.m.
- Nova – Jacksonville PA: April 11th 2:00-5:00 p.m.
- Western Michigan School of Medicine: April 12th
– Past School Visits (Fall 2017):
- University of Miami Law: September 6th 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- UF Dental (just for PHPL staff): September 26th 4:00-5:00 p.m.
- Nova Southeastern University Dental: October 2nd 12:00-4:00 p.m.
- FSU Law: October 12th 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Wake Forest MD program: October 12th 11:00 a.m.-3:20 p.m.
- PCOM-GA DO, Pharmacy, PT, PA: October 17th 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- USF Pharmacy: October 17th 2:00-5:00 p.m.
- USF M.S. in Medical Sciences: October 24th 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- LECOM-Bradenton DO, Dental, & Pharmacy: October 25th 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Larkin University Pharmacy: October 31st 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Campbell School of Osteopathic Medicine: October 31st 12:00-5:00 p.m.
- Chicago Loyola-Stritch MD program: November 3rd 10:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine: November 6th 1:00-4:00 p.m.
- Stetson Law: November 7th 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- LMU DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine: November 9th 1:00-4:20 p.m.
- LECOM-Bradenton DO, Dental, & Pharmacy: November 14th 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- VCOM-Carolinas Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine: November 14th 12:00-4:00 p.m.
- Emory Law: November 15th 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Auburn Harrison School of Pharmacy: November 28th 1:00-4:00 p.m.
- Adventist University PA: November 29th 9:30 a.m.-4:50 p.m