The Letters Packet Application is OPEN for the 2019-2020 application year (i.e., applicants applying in Summer 2019) and will remain open until August 1, 2019. You must log-in at the bottom of this page to complete the components of the Letters Packet Application. Components include:
You must log-in at the bottom of this page to complete the components of the Letters Packet Application. Components include:
- Letters Packet Instructions
- Background Information
- Headshot Photo
- Waiver/Non-Waiver Indication – click this link to learn more about waiving your rights to view your letters
- Statement of Agreement
- Letters of Evaluation (LOE) Request List – click this link to learn more about the number and types of letters we recommend
- Schools and Application Service ID Number(s)
- Autobiography (Optional) – click this link to learn more about the Autobiography’s purpose, writing prompt, length, and difference from the personal statement
What is the Letters Packet?
The Letters Packet is a service provided by our office to UCF Pre-Medical (M.D. and D.O.), Pre-Dental, and Pre-Podiatry students (and alumni) (who meet eligibility requirements) in the Spring and Summer of their application year. After you submit the Letters Packet Application, our office will: 1) request your letters from your letter writers, 2) receive and store your letters from your letters writers, and 3) when all of your letters are received by us, we will electronically upload your Letters Packet to your health professional school centralized application service (i.e., AMCAS, AACOMAS, AADSAS, AACPMAS). Also included in the Letters Packet (in addition to your actual letters) is a Composite Assessment form that consists of ratings about you completed by your letter writers, and an optional Autobiography if you choose to include it. For more information on how the Letters Packet works, read our handout called How the Letters Packet Works – Key Steps.
Letters Packet Instructions and Application Guidelines
The following documents will help you learn more about the Letters Packet and provide an overview for the applying to health professional schools in general.
Our Letters Packet Application submission zones:
- Gold Zone: May 15, 2019
- Silver Zone: June 17, 2019
- Bronze Zone: August 1, 2019 (FINAL Letters Packet Application Submission Deadline)
Why use the Letters Packet?
Our Letters Packet is a valuable service to our UCF students and alumni because:
- we store your letters for multiple application cycles (unlike the centralized application services) so if you apply and don’t get accepted, we will still have your letters on file for you to use in a subsequent cycle,
- we work with your letter writers and ensure your letters include important components such as letterhead and signatures,
- we include a Composite Assessment Form that is compiled from ratings of you by your individual letter writers,
- you are able to include a valuable Autobiography which would not otherwise be included anywhere in your application,
- you can view our Letters Packet webcourse or check-in with us to see which of your letters have been received and which letters are still missing,
- our office acts as a “bridge” between your letter writers and you because the health professional schools do not want you to have contact with your official letters.
How to Indicate Letters Packet Use on Health Professional School Applications
Reference the instructions below for how to indicate that you are using the Letters Packet in the letters section of each of the application systems – AMCAS, AACOMAS, and AADSAS.
- AMCAS Letters Packet Designation Instructions
- AACOMAS Letters Packet Designation Instructions
- AADSAS Letters Packet Designation Instructions
Re-Applicants Using the Letters Packet
If you have previously submitted a Letters Packet to PHPL Advising, and therefore have existing letters of evaluation on file with us that you may want to reuse, it is still required that you complete a new Letters Packet Application for the current application cycle (2019-2020). The final deadline of August 1st for the Letters Packet Application applies to all re-applicants as well, and exceptions to the August 1st deadline will not be made. If you are a re-applicant and have questions, please contact our Letters Packet Coordinator, Chauntrice Riley-Stanford, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-823-0101.
You will be able to save components of your Letters Packet Application and return to complete them later. You will receive a copy of your Letters Packet Application after your submission.
YOU MUST IDENTIFY ALL OF YOUR INTENDED LETTER WRITERS PRIOR TO YOUR LETTERS PACKET APPLICATION SUBMISSION – YOU CANNOT ENTER ONLY 1 OR 2 LETTER WRITERS NOW AND THEN RESUBMIT AFTER RECEIVING PERMISSION FROM YOUR OTHER LETTER WRITERS. SAID DIFFERENTLY, DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR LETTERS PACKET APPLICATION UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED PERMISSION FROM ALL OF THE LETTER WRITERS YOU INTEND TO INCLUDE.