We advise the following students* in ANY MAJOR:
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Public Health
*We do not advise students interested in graduate programs in Nursing, Athletic Training, Nutrition, and Anesthesiologist Assistant.
Individual Appointments are 45 minutes and provide one-on-one detailed advising for students. Appointments may be scheduled Monday-Friday from 9:00am-5:00 pm. To schedule an individual appointment, please call our office at 407-823-0101 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have a quick question? Visit the Pre-Health and Pre-Law Advising office during our walk-in hours where you will be able to meet with an advisor for up to 15 minutes to ask brief questions. Students must sign-up to see an advisor during walk-in hours. The sign-up sheet is available at the PHPL Advising office reception desk 5-10 minutes prior to the start of walk-in hours scheduled every:
- Monday: 1:30-3:30pm (Advisor: Chauntrice Riley-Stanford)
- Tuesday: 3:30-4:30pm (Advisor: Courtney Martinez)
- Wednesday: 9:30-11:00am (Advisor: Brittany Cunnien) & 12:00-1:30pm (Advisor: Alex Fields)
- Thursday: 9:30-11:30am (Advisor: Kimberly Finley)
Be aware: Advisors assigned to each walk-in time are subject to change due to illnesses, other meetings, etc.
Who Can See a PHPL Advisor?
Our advisors will meet with to anyone in the following categories:
- Current UCF Students
- UCF Alumni
- “DirectConnect to UCF” Students (Valencia College, Seminole State College, Eastern Florida State College, Lake-Sumter State College, Daytona State College, College of Central Florida)
- Incoming students (Freshman or Transfer) who already have an orientation date and have paid an enrollment deposit
- Second-degree-seeking or Non-degree-seeking students who have been admitted to UCF or are currently taking classes
If you are not in one of the above categories but still have questions, please e-mail the office at email@example.com and we will work with you to answer your questions.
Advising appointments in the Pre-Health and Pre-Law Advising office are in very high demand and the number of students seeking appointments continues to increase. As a result, the following necessary policies are implemented to assure maximum efficiency in the delivery of the PHPL Advising office’s services.
– Rescheduled Appointments:
Students are permitted to reschedule only one appointment during each semester. On the second attempt to reschedule, students then will be limited to meeting with the PHPL advisors during walk-in hours ONLY for the remainder of the semester.
– Cancelled Appointments:
Students are permitted only one cancelled appointment during each semester. On the second attempt to cancel, students then will be limited to meeting with the PHPL advisors during walk-in hours ONLY for the remainder of the semester.
– Missed (No-Show) Appointments:
Students who do not attend a regularly scheduled appointment and do not call in advance to reschedule or cancel then will be limited to meeting with the PHPL advisors during walk-in hours ONLY for the remainder of the semester.
Our advisors appreciate the understanding of our Pre-Health and Pre-Law students to observe the aforementioned policies so that the maximum number of students can be served each semester.